Feb 12, 2007

Consumer Right

Recently I got experiences about the consumer forum. Forum is located at Opposite CAMA hospital.

Issue was for computer parts. My computer went wrong with some information on monitor.
I was looking for my system upgrades. I thought it is time for upgrades. I went to nearby system vendor.
They told me that your RAM went wrong. For 256MB RAM they told me Rs. 1600, and Rs. 300 for maintenance.

After sometime of leaving my PC with them he contacted on my mobile. He said, "Vendor at lamington road was
ready to purchase you RAM at 100. Do you want to sell? I thought what the use of that useless RAM. I said, ‘No’.

At 10:00 PM they called me for my PC. I asked to check the new RAM and PC. But they after wasting few minutes just carried my PC to my home and I also forgot to ask or resist. To my surprise I found old RAM and after checking my old RAM was also fine. Possibly there was some minor problem in my PC that they corrected.
So, this way they made money by cheating only. They gave me another RAM. And they would have my RAM at 100 RS only.

I searched at internet and found some address. I contacted to forum at Mahapalika Marg, Mumbai.
They suggested me to write a letter and give me photo copy of that.
I visited to them also but dissatisfied with their reply. Possibly I should have visited to Consumer Court directly.
I left the case in middle but got some information. I will use it latter.

Govt Site: Consumer Court
Other Sites:
http://www.icrpc.org/icrpc.org.procedure.htm
http://www.corecentre.org/consumercourts_studies#maharastra

Address:



The President
Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum
Additional Bombay District
Arun Chamber,6th Floor
Tardeo Road.
MUMBAI: 400 034


For claims upto Rs.5 lakhs
and for city limit upto Tardeo
PHONE: 2491 1737

 


The President
Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum
Bombay District
Arun Chamber,6th Floor
MUMBAI 400-034


For claims upto Rs.5 lakhs
and for city limit upto Sion, Mahim
PHONE: 2493 7770

 


The President
Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum
New Administrative Bldg,3rd Floor
Near Chetna College
Bandra (e)
Mumbai 400 051


For claims
upto Rs.5 lakhs
and for suburban Limits
PHONE: 2655 1625

 


The President
Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum
Room No.214, 2nd Floor
Office of Collectorate
Thane (W) 400 601


For claims upto Rs.5 lakhs for
Thane District
PHONE: 2534 4069
(Time: 11.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.)

 


The President
Maharashtra State
Consumer Disputes Redressal
Commission
102 Old Administrative Staff College
opp.Capitol Cinema
Hazarimal Somani Marg
Mumabi 400 001


For claims upto Rs.5 lakhs
but upto Rs. 20 Lakhs
PHONE:2207 2097

 


The President
National Consumer Disputes
Redressal Commission
A'Wing,5th Floor,
Janpat Bhavan
New Delhi 110 001

For claims above Rs.20 lakhs.